Friday, January 28, 2011

My Funny Valentine

So, while I've been scrapbooking for awhile, I have yet to do a lot of "altered things".  This year, I'm really going to try out a few different altered things and see what I like!  The journal was so much fun, so I'm definitely going to be doing another, bigger one soon.  

I picked up one of the $1 frames for Valentines Day at Michael's and tried my hand at jazzing up a frame!  Instead of red as the overall color, I chose shades of pink (of course!) and just had some fun.  


the plan is to put a picture of my husband in here doing one of his famous 'faces'

a little too much "distressing" with the sandpaper under the word 'funny'--oh well!

heart brads through the ribbon and a little "love potion" bottle :)
I did get a little too aggressive with the sanding, but I'm probably the only one who will notice right away.  I try not to stress myself out too much over stuff like that, but it seems I can't do any project without griping a little about this or that.  That's another goal of mine:  don't sweat over the small stuff!  I love this hobby, but it should be FUN, right?  So, have fun and enjoy!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment